• Applicable for all breeds and mixed breed dogs
Research and Resources:
• DM Research Publication in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
• University of Missouri DM Information
• Information on DM for other breeds
• Explanation of DM DNA Test Results
• Breeder Guidelines for dogs who test DM Carrier (N/A) or DM At Risk (A/A)
Information and Stats:
• DM Test Result Statistics
• FTA Card Submission Guidelines
• OFA’s policy on Clear By Parentage
Kits and Orders:
Order OFA DNA Test:
Check Status of an existing order:
Tests are ordered online through the secure area of the OFA website. Payment is accepted online by credit card (MasterCard and VISA). The OFA administers all order handling. Upon receipt of an order, the OFA will send out the test kit which will include an FTA card for DNA sample collection, along with sample collection instructions. Using the FTA card technology, owners can safely collect DNA samples at home. The collection process is non-invasive, and no veterinary appointment is necessary.
Samples are then sent to the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine where the samples will be processed by the Small Animal Molecular Genetics Lab. Results will be forwarded to the OFA, and the OFA will issue the resulting report to the owner.
The fee for each test is $65 and includes the test kit, laboratory processing, and subsequent registration in the OFA databases.